Beyond Babel, published by the Department of Languages and Literary Studies, Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Nigeria, is a refereed, peer-reviewed journal which seeks to reflect developments in the general fields of English and French Studies: Language and Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Literatures and Cultures of the English-and-French-speaking countries. The journal therefore provides a forum in which scholars working within any subfield of English and French studies can address a cross-section of the field. As a Bilingual/interdisciplinary journal, Beyond Babel represents the best emerging research and scholarship from teacher-scholars working within all institutional types, and appeals to a broad, informed readership within English and French studies.
Call for Papers and Instructions to Authors
1. Submit manuscripts and cover letters to: email@example.com. Follow the current (6th) edition of the MLA Handbook or APA.
2. Manuscripts must be in Microsoft Word .doc.
3. Manuscripts should not exceed 7,000 words, including abstract and references.
4. Manuscripts must be written in English or French, double-spaced, including quotations and references, and employ a 12-point Times New Roman font.
5. All abbreviations and acronyms should be spelled out in full the first time they appear in the manuscript text.
6. All manuscripts must include a brief but informative abstract. The abstract should not exceed 200 words and should describe the scope of the work and the main findings. References to the literature should not be included in the abstract.
7. A set of 5 keywords should follow the abstract to assist in indexing the article. These should not duplicate words appearing in the title and should be listed in order of importance.
8. Submissions should either add new knowledge or challenge existing/popular opinion through a well-defined inquiry into one of the above areas, and should demonstrate in the process an explicit awareness of prior scholarship on the subject at hand.
9. Essays should illustrate a critical or a linguistic or pedagogical theory or problem that can be applied to other cases/situations.
10. Manuscripts must not be previously published or under consideration elsewhere.
11. Submissions should be otherwise free of internal references to the author’s identity.
For more details or enquiries, please contact the Editor @ +2348063533265
General Editor: Babatunde Adebua
Editor: Ezinwanyi Adam
Cyril Hanoukome Kparou
Production Editor/Business Managers
Editorial Advisory Board
Mobolanle Sotunsa: Babcock University
Olubunmi Idowu: Babcock University
Sola Owonibiyi: Adekunle Ajasin University
Benedicte Ledent; University of Liege
Ademola Dasylva: University of Ibadan
Babatunde Ayeleru: University of Ibadan
Niyi Osundare: University of New Orleans
Adeleke Adeeko: The Ohio State University
Mary Kolawole: Kwara State University
Grace Musila: University of Witwatersrand
Ngozi Nwaobia : Ebonyi State University
Godwin Siundu: University of Kenya
Samuel Babatunde: Tai Solarin University of Education
Stephanie Newell: Yale University